Jet City PicoValve Practice Amp Head
Jet City Amplifications PicoValve is another foray into the world of low wattage practice amps. If it looks familiar, it should. It’s designed by Seattle based Andy Marshall CEO of THD Electronics fame and licensed to Jet City Amplification. THD are well known for their Hot Plate Attenuator. The Jet City PicoValve shares a similar grill cage to the THD UniValve Amplifier.
Jet City PicoValve
Jet City PicoValve Stack
Jet City PicoValve Specifications
- Controls: 5W/2.5W Power Selector, Preamp Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Bright Switch, and Master Volume
- Stock Tubes: 2x 12AX7 Preamp / 1x 6L6 Power
- Compatible Power Tubes: EL34, 6L6, 5881, KT88, 6550, 5881, 6V6, EL84 (with adaptor)….see manual for exhaustive list.
- Rectifier: Solid State
- Cabinetry: Perforated, cold-rolled steel
- Chassis: 16 gauge, cold-rolled steel
- Output Power: 5W/2.5W into 4, 8 or 16-ohm speaker outputs
- Input Power: Multi-tapped power transformer at 120v/220v and standard IEC connector
- DIMS: 6.5″Hx7″Dx12.5″W
- Weight: 21 lbs net
Back to The 21 Best Practice Amps