Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Practice Amp Head
The Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic is an extremely late entrant to the small lunchbox amplifier party. Being fashionably late to a poker party can get you a lot more attention, but the drawback may well be all the alcohol and nibbles have all been devoured. But while everyone else has shown their hand Mesa have observed, studied and slowly drawn their plans.
As amp heads goes, the TransAtlantic is one sexy beast. The finish looks like it took its cue out of Dr. Who’s archenemy The Cybermen. A cool armoured chrome mirror-face plate, a chrome handle and glowing blue lights makes other amps jealous. Unlike many of the competition the TransAtlantic conveys exuberance and luxuriousness.
Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Amp Head
Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic with Cabinet
- Normal (Brit Clean)
- Top Boost Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt)
- Hi 1 (Brit Gain)
- Hi 2 (Fat Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt)
Mesa’s theory is contradictory to the straightforwardness of the Tiny Terror and Night Train - throw in every tweaking option available and forgo simplicity. This is a serious threat to the Egnater Tweaker with oceans of customizable options and tones.
Mesa Boogie is once again the new kid to the lunchbox practice amp market. Even Mesa admits to their late arrival. But overdue or not the Mesa Boogie has taken the best of what’s on offer and synthesized it into the TransAtlantic. Can they mesmerize the market once again?
Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Amp Specifications
- ALL-METAL CHASSIS – BLACK CRINKLE & PLATINUM PEARL POWDER
- Ultra Compact, Portable Design with Massive Tone & Amazing New Styling - 12 3/8”W x 6 3/4”D x 5 7/8” H – Weighs Only 12 Pounds!
- Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Duo-Class™ (Patent 7,173,488) and Dyna-Watt™ (Patent 4,713,624) technologies providing three power and operating class options that are channel assignable via independent 5/15/25 Watt Power Switches: Choose 1 power tube operating in pure Class A Single-Ended, producing 5 Watts - 2 tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 15 Watts or 2 tubes operating in Mesa’s Patented Dyna-Watt™ Power that maximizes the power and punch of time-honored Class A/B power / 2xEL-84 & 4x12AX7 Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Style Modes - Channel 1 features Normal (Brit Clean) or Top Boost Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt), Volume (gain), Treble, Bass, Cut w/Pull Master - Channel 2 features Tweed, Hi 1 (Brit Gain) & Hi 2 (Fat Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (5/15/25 Watt), Gain, Treble, Bass & Master
- 1 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2)
- Padded Gig Bag w/Strap
- Metal Chassis Head (Width 12-3/8 inches)
Back to The 21 Best Practice Amps